Fall 2017: Wednesdays 12:30 -2:00 pm: September 13, 20, 27, October 4, 11, 25, November 1, 8
Location: 34 Water Street, Suite 6 Excelsior
Mindful Parenting Group: “Learn to Respond rather than React”
Judy Bandy, RN, MA, ADHD Coach is pleased to offer a Mindful Parenting Group specifically for parents of children and adolescents with ADHD and Executive Function weaknesses. Participants will learn about and discuss new perspectives on ADHD and parenting practices. Parents who have attended this group in the past reflect that they found the support of other parents who were sharing similar experiences to be valuable.
Parenting a child with ADHD and Executive Function weaknesses brings its rewards and challenges. This parent group may help to support you in these common experiences:
- Managing expectations of yourself and your child.
- Learning when and when not to provide assistance.
- Considering the best ways to provide assistance.
- Responding when you witness repeated behaviors.
- Managing your emotions when you watch your child struggle.
- Responding in positive ways to other parents’ and teachers’ opinions about your parenting choices.
- Fostering and preserving your relationship with your child while managing ADHD.
Topics will include:
- Neurology of ADHD and Executive Functioning
- The Neuroscience of Change
- Mindful Parenting: Choose response over reaction
- Mindful Problem Solving
- Understanding Stress Response
- Managing Emotions
- Effective Communication
The group will use “The Mindfulness Prescription for Adult ADHD” by Lidia Zylowska, MD as a resource In addition, a supplemental resources will be included in a resource binder as part of the fee.
To express interest or receive more information please click here here.